Monday, September 3, 2007

"I am the wind"

“I am the wind” and I never knew what I was searching for until I found it!

Once my wind found a sailboat canvases to fill, I knew I was there. Of course I come from the East and North Atlantic and know very little about the Pacific. I once had a harpoon stuck in my side while moving around up north. it seems to have effected my navigational system. This could be why I kept going in circles. And once I found the place for tropical winds in the Pacific, I knew this was where I wanted be.

The clear blue water here are not cold like they are up north. The fisher men can have that area as their own and I yield to their good fortune. The gentile breezes that often come to a complete stand still here, gives one a nice rest. I never had a vacation or a rest up in the north. Had to work around the clock, day and night, month after month and year after year, never to received any compensation .

Never once did I receive any praise from anyone up north and was often referred to as a “Blow Hard”. Oh there are a few unwanted systems that come through this new area, but they are not here long. They all have some bad reputations, but you should remember me as being the gentile one. My warm soothing breath will keep you warm and cool at the same time. I also give your skin that nice light tan color.

Here, I am often complemented and am spoken of with love. I am really happy that some thing guided me to this area and now I can watch the smile on peoples loving faces as they enjoy the good life. If ever you go looking for me, here I will be and I am planning on spending what time I have left, in this play ground of water and mystical Islands.

You never need to be in a hurry when moving around in these waters, my gentle breeze will take you to wherever you are going. My friends, the clouds, all float along in the blue sky and move to were ever they want to be. They never make a sound and they keep an eye on you as I do. So you are never alone, we are always there somewhere close by.

Most winds are thought of being on the dark side and it’s not because they are all bad. It’s just that they have a hard time of pleasing everyone at the same time. People use the winds for different reasons like wind surfing on lakes or flying kites in a field. There are many reasons for using the wind. Of course if you are having a picnic, you don’t want a wind.

Many of you do not use me to dry your clothing on a line outdoors, But those of you that do, have commented on how fresh and soft I make your clothing feel and smell.

But the wind here in the Pacific is hardly ever held in contempt or looked down upon, you will hear only praises of delight as my warm gentle breeze kiss your cheeks, Yes, there are times when I become angry and lose control of my gentle nature. And I apologize for creating a problem for anyone. But as you already know, I am back to being my old gentle self in no time at all.

Unlike the clouds, I can not be seen, but you can hear me and I can be felt upon your skin. If you watch some of Natures wonders, you can see where I am going and where I have been. Sometimes I sneak up on you and give you a little surprise. But there is one thing that I will always be, and that one thing is your Friend….

The Gentle Wind…

By; Ben R. Bauer
Sept. 2, 2007

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: