Sunday, September 14, 2008

Don't Push My Buttons ,

Push your own buttons and see what they do, clean up your own thoughts and minds before you tell someone else to clean up theirs! If you live in the world of today, you are going to be exposed to some things you don’t approve of. What you chose to do with them, is up to you!

My horizons are so much farther apart than yours, It takes a long time to get from one side to the other! You will need food for several meals and a place to sleep. When you cross my domain, you will need walking shoes. Slippers or barefooted may be all you need to travel in yours. No one but myself have ever pushed any of my buttons and they won’t unless I ask them too. They are of such high quality, they are not required to be tested. On the other hand, if one is doubtful about the workings of their own buttons, they should be tested every so often.

I have one button that was pushed and so far I haven’t been able to turn it off. I have been paying for it for more than 60 years. "No", I will not tell you which one it is, you will be taking advantage of me, if I do! The world of words is fun to play when you put them in a certain order. That’s all the are, just words, until they are put in some meaningful order. Once this was learned by me, it eliminated all my fears and made me love to write. Now I know, one has to pay ones dues to get others to read what one writes.

Those, that have had a number of books published, are well known among the readers and these are the people that are writing for money. Me, I am not after money, I write for myself and for your enjoyment, that is if you care for my type of writing. I like to write short stories because it take so little time to read them and they are more to my liking.

Something has to be inspiring my thoughts, It may be my pea sized brain or a runaway brain cell or two, and it could be the happy pill I take every morning! I know where I am and what time it is, but the other things, just don’t fit in my world. I use little words as I have no intention of trying to impress you with big words. When I receive a message with words that I have to look up in the dictionary, it take a lot out of the message. Lay it on the line, speak it as it is meant to hear! You don’t have to tell me that I am unducated, I already know that. Most of the time, I try to think as a child, even that escapes me at times! Have you ever tried to talk like Shirley Tempo, when she was just a little girl, Go ahead, try it. It’s a great way to entertain friends. But it gets old really fast. Okay Shirley, you can go back to sleep.

You are only young once and when you let go of it, it’s gone forever. I wonder where all my toys got off too. Thinking back, I’m not sure that I even had any! On the other hand, you have to know when to stop being a kid and become a responsible person. If you have been working and paying taxes, than you are no longer a kid. What comes after being a kid? A teenager, with no socks, with pants hanging down low around ones hips, half way between ones knees and ankles. They all looks like they should go home and have their diaper changed. I wonder what color his hair was before he was hit with that falling rainbow?

Speaking of rainbows, some people are color blind. And time passes by so quietly when one can’t hear! To hear, you have to listen, to see you have to open your eyes. Do you know how lucky we are to be able to do these things? I just heard from a friend where one of her family member, ( Her lovable little dog) has gone blind and can no longer hear! We all know how hard it must be on the dog, but think of the person who has had the love for this little guy in her heart for so many years.

I know there are many of you that have gone through this already and some are facing it. If you haven’t had the love, of or for, a pet in your life. You have missed something really special. But there is something wonderful about Love, it hurts for a while when you lose a pet, but the love also heals your heart.

I would love to say a few thousand more things, but I am hungry and must eat or go into Shock. I am told that when I do this, it scares the hell out of people. So relax everyone!


By: “Ben”

No comments: