Monday, November 10, 2008

Do You Believe

( My latest writing )

“ You and Thee “

I was there, but you did not see,
I held your hand, but you did not know,
I spoke to you, but you did not hear.
I offered you peace, but you did not want it
Yet you ask for many things,

And I would give them to you, but you did not believe in me,
My heart was heavy when I saw your tears,
The years grew few, but I never lost track of you,
I have been busy, as there are many that need me,
The greed is strong, but I cannot stop the wrong,
I need your help, but you won’t give it to me,

What you love , is not what you have or will you get,
The game you play, is not with a glove,
The game we play is called Love,
With a very large cup you drink, but you do not stop to think.
Be it right or be it wrong, it does not belong to me,
I only do the good and hope you will see,
It took a long time to make the perfect tree,
The birds that sing to you and fly above.
They are some of the creatures that spread my love,

When your heart is filled with sadness, I am there with you,
But you still don’t trust in me as you believe me untrue,
What will it take, for you to see,
I am what I am and what I am said to be,
I am everywhere, you need not look for me,
Just believe in the lord and make it true,
Then smile a look to above and see a place that is full of love,

Trust is not found in a land without love,
Some men do not know, in this land for man,
And some will never understand,
Be true to yourself and be true to me,
And look for the beauty, like in my tree,
I would have named it after you,
But way back then, you did not come me,
But I knew you….and wonders will never cease to be,


The Fact is: I love you and hope that you love me!

(Not too Bad, for one that is not a true believer!)
“Ben”

No comments: