Friday, October 12, 2012

"My Friend Governor"

My best friend is my Dog, my dog is no Idiot. But me! that is questionable!

When I talk to him, he will set in front of me and pays attention to everything I say. He will turn his head from one side to the other, when I am talking to him. Like he was saying “I do not understand” And I keep on talking to him, trying to explain, like he understands everything I say.

Now which one of us is the idiot? I am almost positive that he thinks, what is this guy trying to tell me? And I am thinking, why is this dog acting like he knows what I am saying. It’s a good thing that we have other ways to communicate.

I really enjoy having him by my side, he can hear things that I can’t and his eye sight is so much better than mine. I am always asking him what he thinks about something or other. If his tail wags, that means yes, If he just sets there and looks up at me, he is saying no. His answer hasn’t proven to be wrong to date.

He is a great food tester, he wants to see everything I am going to eat, if he turns his head away from the food, that means, leave it alone. If I am on a diet, he helps, by telling me not to eat stuff, whatever I have on my plate or in hand.

If I need to hurry, he will run ahead of me and then back to me, wiggling his tail and acting excited. But if it is some thing dangerous, he will block my walking toward it. He has saved my life many times and not everyone would do that. Yes, he is the best friend I have ever had or most likely, ever will have.

When we get close to an ice cream shop, I always stop and get him an ice cream. When he is done, he will set at my side a place his paws on my lap and his eyes will say thank you. He is such a good dog, that friends will say, I wish my kids were that good.

There are times when I am unable to find some thing, If I touch my eyes, he will go find my glasses for me, or if it is a shoe, he will find that. Now if I could only get him to take care of the keys for the car! He is at his very best when we are in the car, I think he knows all the traffic signs better than I do and he tells me before I make a mistake.

He is so loving, he gives me kisses all day long and in cold - cold weather, I have never needed an electric blanket. But there are many other things that he will do to help. When I write a letter and the mail is close by, he will take the letter to the curb where the male box is, and give it to the mail carrier, And in the carrier has mail for me, My best friend will bring it back to the house to me.

Oh! Did I tell you how much he loves to fish, and he even helps me dig for worms. But, like me, he really doesn’t care to eat fish. When I have a really big fish on my line, he will jump in the water and help me land it, He checks it out when it is on the bank, and if it flip flops, he will jump back. That is when I laugh at him and he knows that he is entertaining me andhe will do a flip flop of hi own.I am the luckiest guy in the world, to have such a good friend, and everyone should have a friend like mine.

Come on Governor, let’s go for a ride in your new car….. Can I drive this time?

Oct. 12, 2012
By: Ben ®

No comments: