Thursday, June 26, 2014

" My Shadow and I"

Me, and my Shadow have been companions for as long as I can remember. Shadow has been with me, be it in front, behind or on my side, he is like a sun dial that moves with time. He has never made any requests or ask for pay, for his services. He has gone through thick and thin, Heat & cold, Wind, Rain, Hail and Storms, with me, at their worst, never to complain. There have been good times and bad times, but he was always there.
I never had to provide food, clothing, shelter or anything, for him, as required by we, the partners of our shadows. He has always been very quiet and never disorderly at any time. Shadow has never remarked about any of my mistakes or commented on what I should have done or suggested what I should do. No Friend, Relative or Family member could be trusted or as cooperative as my shadow.
If I wake during the night, he is there, the only time I do not see him, is in, pitch dark of night. Everyone has a Shadow, how often do you pay tribute to him or her? No shadow has a name, they all weight the same although some are large and some are small.
Sometimes they can provide shade for a companion when the hot sun beats down on them. They are never in the way of anything you do. Their good deeds are never ending and yet you pay so little attention to your shadow. They are never a problem to you and will never leave you alone. He is almost like a pet dog, but physically, he cannot do the same things that your pet dog does.
Now you have two, that are the closest thing to perfection and they both belong to you, and don’t forget your spouse, of course you can’t own him or her, but you can order them around, but remember to duck!!
Please, try to take better care of them!
By: Ben R.
June 2014

No comments: