Monday, April 23, 2007

Going OUT the IN door!

Some time ago I had to make a trip to the local VA Health Care Center here in Rapid City. They had moved their location to a new offices building in the south part of town and this was the first time I had been there, so I wasn’t sure where I was going!

It was early in the morning hours and the sun was bright at my back going into the building and the temperature was warming fast. As I approached the double glass doors I could see a person
in a tan jump suit coming out of the building.

( I myself always wear a tan Jump suit) The tinted glass made it hard to see into the building. and the doors and windows acted more like mirrors. I thought to myself, don’t that dumb Ass know enough to us the other door which is clearly marked “OUT” I was dammed if I was going to move over and go in the out door,
let this other guy move over!

As I reached for the handle on the door, this other guy did the same thing. I removed my hand from the door and he again copied my action. I reached for the handle again and he reach and grabbed the handle on the in side simultaneously. I motioned for him to move to the other side and he mocked my movements also. I gave him a dumb dirty look with my finger extended in a up-right position and what do you think this guy did?

Yep, he wasn’t going to let me get the better of him so he returned the jester. I stepped back a few feet and he did the same. I was going to walk away, then turn and make a
fast dash for the door and this idiot did the same dam thing.

Then a young women came out the door and held it open for me and said: are you going to come in or just stand there making an fool of yourself! I got a big hand from the girls and other people at the front desk as I entered the building! Did I mention that I was reduced
in size to about the size of a bug!

The Moral of the story is: If you can’t move any faster than your reflection , You don’t
have much of a chance! Or maybe you like “How to give yourself the finger!” better!

“The Idiot ”

By: Ben

No comments: