Sunday, August 5, 2007

My Old Shoes .

Subject: My Old Shoes…..

There is one thing I doubt if anyone knows, it’s Old, It’s one of my Favorites, it’s entertaining and one that makes you feel so g-o-o-d ! This is a story about feeling bad and putting on some old shoes and feeling wonderful again.

Back in 1972 or between then and 1792, I bought some shoes for every day use. They were a tan soft brushed leather with orange and tan shoe laces and I must have paid a fortune for them. I know I felt guilty every time I put them on my feet! I would guess they cost a bit more than most shoe were selling for at that time. If I spent $14.00 for shoes, that was a lot of money for me to spend. These were Red Wing shoes, ”and the amount was closer to eighty dollars!” I wore these shoes when ever I was working in concrete, In barns where cow droppings were a foot deep, digging in the dirt or breaking big rocks or concrete with a sledge hammer. They have been stained with blood and guts and soaked when I walked in the creek or shoveled snow. Frozen when I was out hunting. Cuts and burn holes from working with sharp things and burnt when I was around fire.

They were chewed by dogs and cats peed on or in them.. These shoes had been dried out so many times they were cracked and wrinkled like they were buried in the desert and dug up a hundred years later.

These shoes had so many miles on them, the guarantee had turned over a dozen time. No one ever said they smelled bad! I wore them when I built things, crawled up in trees or other high places. If I fell, I always landed on my feet because the shoes were heavy and I never got hurt because they were first to land on the ground. They had holes in the toes from being down on my hands and knees . I always wore them when I drove long distances as they kept my feet cool. When someone felt bad, I wanted to let them wear my old shoes, because they made ones feet feel So g-o-o-d ! When your feet feel good you feel good all over. These shoes are most likely the most valuable thing I have.

When I cross over to the other side, I don’t know who I will leave them too. I love you all so very much and if there is some way that these old shoes could be shared by all of you, that is what I want to do with them. If these Shoes could talk, you would never be without conversation or entertainment. But you have to remember that not everything they will tell you will be true! Would you believe, I slept with these shoes under my pillow, they purred so nice they made me sleep better! Do you remember “Dorothy” in the wizard of Oz, well her magic shoes were nothing compared to my old tan shoes, there was a lot of magic in them....

“ Ben”

No comments: