Sunday, August 5, 2007

Who's There ?

The sun is about ready to break over the horizon and the time is close to 6:30. am. I have been awake for hours and up playing with the computer for at least an hour and a half. My mind is weak and I don’t look a bit good! My tongue is coated with something sticky and it looks like cotton, but tastes like burnt rubber. Could it be something that the cook lost control of while preparing dinner last night? I’ll bet I’ll have to take a laxative too!

Life at the old folks home is entertaining at the least! I spend so much of my time
alone, I’m not sure that I am really here. The little dog spent the day with Scott and the old house creaked and shifted making popping noises.

It was so quiet you could hear the ghosts moving around and going in and out an
old screen door with squeaky hinges. Why I could even hear the leaves fall to the ground. It was such a clear and quiet day you could almost see into the future. Are you worried about me yet?

Maybe some one should look in on me, strange things happen in old folks homes.
You know! There is a funny noise coming from the closet and something is moving under my bed! Or is the noise coming from under the bed and the movement is coming from the closet? Hurry or I may not be here when you arrive!!!

This is called: Having fun with words! The coffee is hot and good, the bad taste in
my mouth is going away. The clock just struck the half hour chime. Time is wasting away and my bed hasn’t even been made yet. I’m just setting here smelling up the place, need a shower and shave. Almost time for the insulin shot and all the other stuff I need to do. Hey, we have a new lid on the toiled stool now. We had to cut the other one in half to get it off of Mom’s head! Don’t ask, I don’t know how she gets into these situations, Just lucky I guess!

Okay, this should help start your day. Remember, Never give a sucker an even break!
Feed the kids a lot of candy and sweet stuff and don’t forget to give that bone to the dogs and turn off the light in the bath room. That should do it for starters…..

“Ben”

No comments: